Elevate the fun quotient at your bridal shower with the engaging and effortless “What’s in Your Purse” game. This post offers comprehensive guidelines on playing the game and assembling the necessary items for a memorable gaming session.
How to Play the What’s in Your Purse Game
Learn how to orchestrate the “What’s in Your Purse” game at your bridal shower with these easy steps:
- Each participant receives a game card and a pencil/pen
- Players can either have items called out individually (delegating to the maid/matron of honor), or they can independently search through their purses.
- The game cards feature assorted items with different point values.
- Check off each discovered item in your purse or bag.
- Total up your points and record the sum on your game card.
- The 1st place winner claims the top prize (consider smaller rewards for 2nd and 3rd place if desired).
- In case of a tie, utilize items from the list below as tiebreaker challenges.
What items do you need to play what’s in your purse?
To ensure a seamless and entertaining gaming experience, prepare the following essentials:
- A printed game card (download our free printable below).
- A pen or pencil.
- Your personal purse or bag.
- Game prizes for winners (including 2nd and 3rd place).
- A sense of humor!
What’s in your purse game list:
Take advantage of our free printable, or personalize the game cards using the following examples. Tailor the game to suit your guests’ personalities, from sweet simplicity to uproarious hilarity.
Consider these sample ideas for your bridal shower:
- Driver’s license
- $1 bill
- Credit card
- Business card
- Library card
- Breath mint
- $5 bill
- Cell phone
- Grocery store receipt
- Department store receipt
- Hair tie/clip
- $10 bill
- Nasal spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Playing cards
- Nail polish
- $20 bill
- Granola bar
- Photo of yourself
- Swatch of fabric
- Nail clippers
- Kid toy
- Photo of your kid/kids
- Gift card
- Paycheck stub
- $2 bill
- $50 bill
- $100 bill
- Dog poop baggy
- Pepper spray
- Ultrasound photo
- Photo of the bride-to-be (highest point value)
What kind of prizes should the winners get?
Delight your winners with these captivating bridal shower game prize ideas:
- Gift cards (Amazon, Target, Starbucks)
- A bottle of wine
- Boxes of candy or cookies (store-bought or homemade)
- Coffee mugs
- Skincare products
- Something unique to the shower’s locale.