The “Over or Under” bridal shower game is a fun and interactive way to test how well guests know the bride-to-be. Here’s how to play:
How To Play Over or Under
- Prepare the Game Cards: Before the bridal shower, create game cards with a list of statements or questions related to the bride. Each statement will have a numerical value associated with it. For example, “The bride wears a size 7 shoe” might have an associated value of 8. Create a corresponding answer key with the correct answers provided by the bride.
- Distribute the Game Cards: Give each player a game card and a pen or pencil. Explain the rules of the game and how it works.
- Guess Over, Under, or Exact Match: For each statement or question on the game card, players must decide whether the correct answer is over, under, or an exact match to the numerical value provided. Players mark their choice next to each statement.
- Reveal the Correct Answers: Once all players have made their guesses, reveal the correct answers using the bride’s answer key. For example, if the bride actually wears a size 8 shoe, anyone who guessed “over” would be correct.
- Calculate Scores: Have players tally up their correct answers to determine their scores.
- Award a Prize: The player with the most correct answers wins the game and receives a prize. You can choose a variety of prizes to suit the theme of the bridal shower.
Sample Questions for Over or Under:
Here are some sample questions/statements that you can use for the “Over or Under” bridal shower game:
- The bride has 3 siblings.
- The couple met 3 years ago.
- The bride wears a size 7 shoe.
- There are 49 days until the wedding.
- The bride owns 19 pairs of shoes.
- There are 4 bridesmaids in the bridal party.
- The age gap between the couple is 4 years.
- The bride’s new name will have 11 letters.
- There are 130 guests attending the wedding.
- The bride tried on 6 dresses before saying yes to the dress.
- The bride has had 5 jobs in her life.
- The bride has been to 10 concerts.
- The bride wants 3 kids.
- The honeymoon will last 8 days.
- The couple has been on 5 vacations together.
- The bride has 500 friends on Facebook.
- The couple visited 5 wedding venues before choosing their favorite.
A few ideas for game prizes:
When selecting prizes for the “Over or Under” game, consider items that are fun, useful, and appealing to a wide range of participants. Here are a few prize ideas:
- Gift cards to popular stores or online shops.
- Themed gift baskets, such as wine and coffee themes.
- Gift certificates for local restaurants or businesses.
- Scented candles or spa items.
- Chocolates or other sweets.
- Board games or adult party games.
- Personalized items like custom mugs or tote bags.
Remember to tailor the game questions and prizes to the bride’s personality and preferences. The goal is to create an enjoyable and memorable experience for everyone involved in the bridal shower festivities.