Find out why purple is our most-searched colour for bridesmaids!
Consider whether bridesmaids dressed in purple are out of date or garish. Consider again! Purple bridesmaid dresses are far and away the most popular colour requested by One Fab Day readers. Whether it’s lilac, violet, or mauve, purple is a versatile bridesmaids colour that can add a pop of colour or a touch of romance to your special day. To assist you in selecting the ideal shade and style, we’ve combed the web for some stunning purple bridesmaid dress looks to inspire you and your girls. And, perhaps most importantly, there is not a single Quality Street wrapper in sight!
1. When we saw real bride Anna’s stunning ombre purple bridesmaids dresses, it was love at first sight; the soft tulle skirts add to the romance of this look.
2. For her bridesmaids, our real bride Roisn chose mix-and-match dresses in the same lilac hue – don’t they look lovely against the white florals?
3. Combine two or three purple and pink hues for a modern wedding look.
4. Normally, we avoid bright purple dresses, but these beauties with convertible necklines have us reconsidering.
5. While most boho brides opt for nude or blush hues for their bridesmaids, these cool ladies in lavender are proving otherwise!
6. In search of a little extravagance for your bridesmaids? These strapless magenta mermaid gowns are simply breathtaking!
7. Dark plum is the ideal shade of purple for winter weddings – see more stunning details from real bride Simona’s moody purple wedding styling.
8. We are near-obsessed with this collection of bridesmaid gowns – the floral gowns break up the look and lend the bridal party a cool, modern vibe.
9. Amy, a bride from Dublin, chose these lovely separates for her bridesmaids; we adore the orchid hue and beaded embellishment. Continue reading about Amy and Tony’s day here.
10. We adore this subdued bluebell hue – Rewritten offers a variety of styles in this hue, or you can pair it with nude, blush, or blue for a mixed-and-matched look.
11. While these short pale purple dresses aren’t for everyone, we think they’re so fun and chic! The skirt’s flare is particularly adorable.
12. Do you have bridesmaids who enjoy wearing a lot of colour? This striking marbled skirt should suffice!
13. So delicate and lovely, the palest of purples is a lovely alternative to blush for a romantic wedding.
14. We can’t get enough of this eclectic bridal party in purples, blues, and pinks – the ideal solution for brides with varying skin tones.
15. One final dreamy ombre line-up to ooh and aah over – Jenny Yoo’s convertible gowns are soft, ethereal, and absolutely stunning, and will work for bridesmaids of all shapes and sizes.