So you’re arranging a bachelorette party and you want to kick things off with a fun and friendly ice-breaker. Well, we’ve got just the thing, a classic bachelorette party game that’s guaranteed to get guests laughing! Today, we’re sharing our top 50 Newlywed Game questions, along with our manual to playing this beloved bachelorette party game! Just add Champagne and and you’re all set!
How to Play The Newlywed Game
- Start by choosing a selection of questions from our list below. 15 to 20 should do it! You can also add in some of your own, to make it more personal for the couple in question.
- Now print off two copies of your questions and give one copy of questions to the groom (or absent partner, if it’s a same-sex couple!) to answer. We find it works best if you film them giving their answers for a multi-media spin on The Newlywed Game!
- Provide the second copy of questions to the bride at the bachelorette party (along with the all-important Champagne!) and get her to answer them. After every answer that the bride gives, reveal her partner’s answer to see if they match up!
It really is that simple! To raise the stakes, you can also enforce a penalty for incorrect answers, like shots, dares or booby prizes.
Just remember – it’s important that the Newlywed Game questions you choose aren’t too serious. Know your audience, and be mindful when picking the questions or making up your own – you don’t want to embarrass the bride or make her feel uncomfortable, especially if her Mom, or future mother-in-law are attending!
Our Top 50 Newlywed Game Questions
We don’t recommend using all 50 of these questions (a two-hour long Newlywed Game would eat into valuable dancing time!), so just pick your 15 or 20 favourites!
- What did they wear on the first date?
- Who is their embarrassing crush?
- Who’s the better kisser?
- What is their star sign?
- What’s their weirded quirk?
- Who said ‘I love you’ first?
- Who is the tidiest?
- Who is the best cook?
- Who is most likely to deal with a spider?
- Which Disney character are they most like?
- What is their worst habit?
- What is their pet name for you?
- What is the thing they’re most likely to end up in jail for?
- What is the thing they’re most likely to go viral for?
- What is their favourite thing about you?
- What is their favourite thing about themselves?
- What is their favourite pizza topping?
- What’s her bra size?
- What is his shoe size?
- What is the first movie you saw together?
- What is their favourite movie?
- What would be their last meal?
- Would they rather spend an evening in with you, or a night out with you?
- What are you most likely to argue about?
- What is their favourite flavour of potato chips?
- If they could only eat one food for the rest of their life, what would it be?
- Who has the worst handwriting?
- What celebrity couple are you most like?
- What would be your partner’s dream job, other than the one they are doing now?
- What’s their most prized possession, or the item they’d save in a fire (apart from you!)?
- How does your partner like their tea or coffee?
- How does your partner like their eggs cooked?
- If they could throw a themed party, what would it be?
- Who is the better driver?
- What’s their dream car?
- What is their go-to karaoke song?
- Who has the most exes?
- What celebrity would they want to be stuck on a desert island with?
- What’s their favourite movie/band/TV show, if they’re trying to be cool?
- What’s their favourite movie/band/TV show, if they’re being honest?
- What was their first pet called?
- What’s their favourite thing that you wear?
- Which item of clothing of theirs do you hate the most?
- Who would win in a game of Monopoly?
- What is their biggest fear?
- What is their favourite flavour of ice-cream?
- If they were on ‘Who Wants to be a Millionaire’, who would their phone-a-friend be?
- What was the best present they ever gave you?
- Your partner wins the lotto – how would they spend it?
- Who will be the most hungover after the wedding?
So, there you have it! 50 Newlywed Game questions that we’re sure will get people laughing!